*For the Basic Frame Version Kit (Analog and Vista Kits) , click here*
**For the Apex Plastic Kit in Red, click here**
The DJI HD Apex is a variant of the base frame which perfectly houses and protects the Air Unit. By changing only the top and upper main plates of the Apex it becomes the perfect platform for anyone wanting to experience an HD video feed.
Apex Arm Design
The arms of an FPV frame are the key structural component that translates the thrust from the motors to the majority of the mass in the aircraft, which is secured to the body of the frame. The design of the arms and how they are attached to the body is one of the most vital aspects that influences the performance of an FPV frame.
There are multiple problems that can occur with existing arm designs which can lead to poor performance, difficulty tuning and added cost. The Apex addresses all of these problems with a simple and unique new design that eliminates all arm slop and drastically increases durability.
Symmetrical arms make it possible to pocket one side of the part without introducing the need for distinct left and right arms, making you require more spare parts. We use a pocket instead of a hole under the motor to increase durability and we embed a press nut to simplify attachment and avoid clearance issues under your stack.
Flight electronics are mounted to the upper main plate using countersink bolts. This completely decouples the arm attachment from the electronics mounting. Arms can be replaced using two bolts without any disturbance to your stack.
Shoulder Bolts and Threadlocker
Our custom machined shoulder bolts act as a solid steel pin through the arm which eliminates slop and tolerance issues. The precision shaft passing through the arm removes all side-loading of the carbon laminations on to the chisel-like threads of a regular bolt. Factory added threadlocker and custom aluminum cone washers spread the load of the clamping force and ensure the bolts will not vibrate loose.
Key to the Apex
At the apex of a masonry arch, a keystone locks all the stones into position and allows the arch to bear weight and be self-supporting. A keystone is a hallmark of strength and good design, the Apex FPV frame is no different and the carbon key sits at the heart of the frame to distribute forces applied to the arms.
Manufactured by the legendary HQProp and included free with every frame are custom skids, bumper and Crossfire antenna mount, injection-molded in abrasion-resistant glass-filled nylon. At launch, we have available Classic Black, ImpulseRC Red, and Military Coyote Brown, with more colors to follow in the future.
Also in each frame kit are two die-cut lipo pads for you to choose from, both an ultra-durable natural rubber pad as well as a lightweight velcro option for those wanting to shave every last gram.
- Arms: 5.5mm
- Key: 5mm
- Lower Main: 2.5mm
- Upper Main: 2mm
- Top: 2mm
- Camera Sides: 2mm
- Alu hardware: approx. 115g
- Steel hardware: approx. 125g
Motor to Motor
- Compressed X using
- Pythagorean triple 3:4:5
- (1x) Apex Arm Key CF 5mm
- (1x) Apex HD Top Plate CF 2mm ***
- (1x) Apex Main Lower CF 2.5mm
- (1x) Apex HD Main Upper CF 2mm ***
- (1x) Apex HD Cam Side Plate Kit ***
- (4x) Apex 5" Arm CF 5.5mm
- (1x) Apex Full Screw Pack - High Tensile Carbon Steel - Gunmetal
- (1x) Apex Hook LIPO pad - Black
- (1x) Apex LIPO pad - 3mm Black
- (1x) Diamond File - Flat (Mini)
- (1x) Diamond File - Round (Mini)
- (1x) Lipo Strap - Medium - ImpulseRC
- (4x) M3 28mm Standoff - Aluminium - Black
- (4x) M3 20mm Standoff - Aluminium - Black
- (1x) Apex Plastics Kit - Black
- (1x) Apex Arm Covers - Black - (4 Pack)
Difference in parts over the base model Apex frame kit listed below
- (1x) Apex HD Top Plate CF 2mm
- (1x) Apex HD Main Upper CF 2mm
- (2x) Apex HD Cam Side Plates CF 2mm
- (4x) M2x5 Cap Screw - Aluminium
- (2x) TPU M2 Camera Spacers 1mm - Black