Download the BETAFPV Configurator.
Hall gimbal for Literadio 3 is released now! Click to know more.
LiteRadio 3 is a remote control radio transmitter designed primarily for RC models, including multirotor, airplanes. It gives you more than you ever thought possible from an entry-level 8-channel radio.
- 8 channels in total.
- USB Joystick support for most practice simulators.
- Nano module bay for external TX module.
- Newly designed joystick gimbal for longer usage life.
- Support BETAFPV Configurator for updating, configuring, and tuning.
- Provide ExpressLRS 2.4G protocol version and Frsky protocol version for option.
- Built-in 2000mAh battery and USB charge supported.
- LiteRadio 3 upgrades with BETAFPV self-developed Customized LiteRadio System. Pilots can directly operate the Joystick Calibration and Firmware Update on the radio transmitter, which is more convenient for the beginner racer to operate.
- Equipped with a built-in 2000 mAh 1S battery, LiteRadio 3 can work up to 15 hours without an external module, bringing an excellent endurance performance.
- Comes with a built-in charging module, LiteRadio 3 supports USB charging which is more convenient to use. Meanwhile, it designs a Low-Power warning to indicate a low battery. It indicates a low battery and needs to be re-charged if the blue light flashes slowly and the buzzer beeps continuously.
- Newly designed with a nano bay, it supports the external TX module. Highly recommend BETAFPV ELRS Nano Module, which is compatible with the LiteRadio 3 radio transmitter and makes CRSF protocol available.
- Adopted the rubber coat, LiteRadio 3 is ergonomic and has the shape of a gaming controller. It's comfortable to hold, and the anti-slip texture on the handles allows for a solid grip.
- It is the safest and quickest method to get started by using a model practice simulator for starters. LiteRadio 3 radio transmitter supports most of the simulators on market with comprehensive configuration.
- Item: LiteRadio 3 Radio Transmitter
- Frequency Range: 2.4G
- 2.4G System: CC2500/SX1280
- Channel: 8
- Support Protocol: Futaba S-FHSS/Frsky FCC D16/Frsky LBT D16/Frsky D8, ExpressLRS 2.4G
Power: ELRS version 25mW/50mW/100mW, Frsky version 100mW
- Adapted Drone Type: Multirotor, Airplane
- Support USB Charging / Firmware Update
- Support BETAFPV Configurator / Most Practice Simulator
- LED Light: Green-Power On / Red-Warning if the voltage is lower than 3.5V / Blue-Normal
- Battery: Built-in 2000mAh 1S Battery
- Charging Connector: USB 3.0 Type-C
- Recommend External TX Module: ELRS Nano TX Module
- Recommend Accessories: Nano Gimbal for LiteRadio 3, Storage Case, Transmitter Neck Strap
External TX Module
Reserving a nano bay on the backside, LiteRadio 3 supports an external module. BETAFPV ELRS Nano TX Module, which features a high refresh rate, ultra-low latency, and long-range, is strongly recommended to LiteRadio 3.
Note: The external modules should support the CRSF protocol when using other brands. If you are ready to install the TBS external nano module, the TBS nano module case size should be 64*42*25mm, the thicker one of the retrofit cases.
Improvements on LiteRadio 3
Compared with LiteRadio 2 SE, the LiteRadio 3 is equipped with a 2000mAh 1S battery, bringing an excellent endurance performance up to 15 working hours without an external module. Reserving a nano bay on the backside, it supports an external module for use with ELRS Nano TX Module, which supports CRSF protocol. Moreover, the LiteRadio 3 gimbal is newly updated with an accurate potentiometer and adjustable stick ends.
|LiteRadio 3 Transmitter
|LiteRadio 2 SE Transmitter
|2000mAh 1S Battery
|1000mAh 1S Battery
|Newest durable and accurate gimbal
|Orders from Dec. are the same as LiteRadio3
|Orders from Dec. support
|Nano Bay for External Module
Note: The LiteRadio 2 SE ordered from December supports the BETAFPV configurator. At the same time, the LiteRadio 2 SE gimbals are the same as LiteRadio 3 for orders from December. For orders before December, we highly recommend buying new gimbals as an update.
BETAFPV Configurator is a utility designed to simplify updating, configuring, and tuning the radio transmitter.
Download address: https://github.com/BETAFPV/BETAFPV_Configurator/releases
The function of the BETAFPV Configurator is listed below.
- Basic radio controller setup, like mode switch, turn on/off RF modules.
- Full function of the ExpressLRS configuration, like outpower, packet rate, etc.
- Channel mixer for fix wing drones.
- Firmware update.
DO NOT power on the transmitter first and connect it to the PC. The USB port is invalid in this situation.
How to switch the protocol
Note: Switching internal protocol is only available for the Frsky version radio transmitter. ExpressLRS version can only switch to the external TX module.
To change protocols and TX module, here are the steps:
- Power the radio transmitter off;
- Press and hold the BIND button while powering the radio transmitter back on;
- Then the flash color and times of the LED before buzzer alarms will change, according to the tables above.
The Frsky version could support 4 different internal protocols, including Frsky D16 FCC, Frsky D16 LBT, Frsky D8, and Futaba S-FHSS. The protocol is indicated by the flashing times of the LED when power on, before the buzzer alarms.
Note: LiteRadio 3 Frsky version only works with D16 ACCST 1.X Frsky protocol. So if you use a Frsky receiver with D16 ACCST 2.X version or ACCESS version, the binding will fail.
Diagram of LiteRadio 3
We highly recommend buying LiteRadio 3 Radio Transmitter with the parts listed below.
Manual for LiteRadio 3 Radio Transmitter
BETAFPV V2.0.X firmware for LiteRadio 3. The V2.0.1 version for ELRS supports adjustable joystick dead zone.
- How to replace the gimbals of the Literadio 3 transmitter?
- Below are the joystick calibration videos for LiteRadio 3 transmitter. The instruction is the same for both LiteRadio 3 and LiteRadio 2 SE.
Note: New package will include a USB Type-C cable for orders from 1st June 2022.
- 1 * LiteRadio 3 Radio Transmitter
- 1 * User Manual
- 1 * USB Type-C Cable